Monday, June 2, 2008

Piano Recital

Rosie playing "The Leaf and the Bird" by June Montgomery at her 1st Piano Recital.


The recital was on Sunday at her piano teacher's house. We were so impressed!! All the kids did really really well. I could not believe how wonderful they all sounded. Rosie did great!! Her teacher, Mary Catherine, said it best "It's hard to see the forest through the trees when you hear them practice day in day out." Their hard work really paid off. Jo clapped for her sister during and after her piece. It was really cute. I think Rosie was nervous, but she said once she started, she wasn't nervous anymore. All those lessons & running her there by 5:30 paid off. Pete is adamant about the kids learning music, and now I understand! I think Rosie is now more excited to play because of the recital. I asked the teacher if we could have 2 recitals a year, and I would be happy to host one at our house. There are only 5 kids, and it was a really nice time. Way to go Rosie - we love you & will continue to sing along when you practice each night (even though I can't carry a tune).

No comments: