Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Rain again.....

I was in desperate need for this weekend away from work. I traveled last week to the west coast and it wore me out. So glad to be home....

Rosie is out of school!!! She is now a 3rd grader. They had a 1/2 day of school on Friday, and so Anna & I picked her up promptly at noon. I gave her a big hug & spun her around because I knew she was so excited for summer! I am too!

We went to the hospital to pick up Jo at daycare & then met Dad for lunch in the cafeteria. It was fun & the food is not too bad. We came home & went to the park where I pitched & pitched to Rosie & Anna. They love hitting & Jo just walked around picking grass & rocks & yelling & pointing at us. It was really nice to just hang out & enjoy being with each other.

On Saturday, we had a game & won! We beat Immocalata - yeah! Technically, we don't "win" since it is instructional league but you can't help but keep score. They got a lot of outs too - I was so excited. It started raining right when the game ended - perfect. In the afternoon, we hung out with Madeline & Olivia (Christy & Don's grandkids). After it rained, the sun came out & we played softball & just goofed around in the yard & the park. They ended up "swimming" in Don & Christy's hot tub & then spent the night at our house. Don made his famous pancakes in the morning & then off to church.

I forgot to say that Pete was on call all weekend, so I was a one-man show with the kids. It was a bummer, but that's how it goes with his job. We went to Jessie King's graduation party on Sunday & then today, we just did some planting & chores. It was a nice day to get ready for the work week. Jessie is babysitting this week until SummerQuest (summer camp) starts. I wonder what Jessie has planned for them.....

No comments: