Sunday, June 22, 2008

Race for the Cure


70,000 people - that's amazing! I think we are becoming the biggest race in the nation now. Someone told me that, so I hope that fact is correct. My mom is a survivor, and my sister Mary, is the organizer of the event for our family. Mary, thank you! As Rosie said, "It is so great that we do these events together." The grandkids really like being together. They will miss ball games, playdates, parties to come to the family gatherings.

We all come out to celebrate 33 years of my mom being cancer free, and of course, to help find a cure. My mom was only 37 years old when she was diagnosed, and she never once thought she wouldn't beat it. I was very young, and all I remember is Mrs. Brown (see pic below) coming over & taking our sheets off our bed & washing them. I also remember visiting my mom in the hospital, and she had her hair cut really short. She decided it was time for a change, but I remember not recognizing her at first. 6 children, and Joanie & I were under 5 years old. My mother is amazing!






My mom with her best friend, Mrs. Rosemary Brown. Both survivors for more than 20 years!





Mom & Dad with their three daughters (who is that little girl by my legs?)



My silly Dad with his grandkids (sans Adam).



Rosie, Anna, Jo & me



Joanie, Alison & Wil (being shy boy)

Mary & Caty (great pic!)

Greg, Kay & Jacob (Jacob really loves getting his picture taken!)

Janet & Rachel

Joanie & Rachel made the T-shirts for the walk, so all the kids had their names plus their age! Thanks Joanie & Rachel - we loved them!!

Enough said....

No comments: