Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to my Dad & to Pete!

I love you both very much, and I think that both of you are amazing fathers. I knew I would find a man who was like my father - caring, loving, understanding, dedicated & loves me even with all my quirks. When I think of my dad, I think of someone who researches everything in great detail (that's where I get my detail-orientedness), offers his advice (which is usually very GOOD advice), so very very very very very proud of his family, loves his grandkids, so darn silly (right now I am thinking of him dancing around trying to get the little ones to laugh), loves & respects his wife (my awesome mom) so much, a great soccer player & all-around good athlete, and a devout Catholic. There are so many things to say about my dad and so many good memories. I hope we have many many years ahead of us with him & my mom. I love you Dad!

Pete went on his annual Sigma Phi Epsilon (college fraternity) golf tournament on Saturday, and today we just hung out at home. We actually did chores, but I don't think either of us minded it too much. We are having a delicious bbq meal tonight and plan on taking a family bike ride after dinner. I'm sure it will involve a stop at the local ice creamery!

Yesterday, we had another awesome softball game against Immocalata. Rosie caught a pop fly, and I think she was in shock that she caught it. I wish I had a pic of her face, but alas, I was in coach mode & did not have a camera hanging around my wrist! I am writing it down now, so I won't forget how excited the whole team (& me most of all) were of the out! All those pop flies paid off!!!

Our friends, the Graning's, took care of Jo, while I coached. Taylor is in Anna's class, so then I took her with my 3 girls to the pool. It was a perfect day for the pool plus we were so hot from the game. After the pool, we grabbed San Sai (Japanese Grill) for dinner & brought it to Florissant to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad. We introduced them to San Sai & now they love it as much as us.

It was great to hang with my parents even though my kids were a little over-tired & showed it! It was a nice day & I'm so glad I got to see my dad.

My new goal is to be on time for all birthdays & special days. I'm so tired of running crazy to the store & getting a gift/card & still not being on time.

I hope to post some pics compliments of my dad - Pete took my camera yesterday to his golf tourney, and I forgot to take his big camera with me.

No comments: