Monday, May 5, 2008

Whirlwind as usual....

Time flies in the spring! We are always frantically trying to do outside work in addition to softball practice & just the normal busy week. I wish I could eliminate a few hours of sleep to do stuff, but I know I need sleep to function properly.

Softball with the 2nd Graders is going so well. They listen & hustle this year, and I am just so proud of them. We had our first game on Saturday. We played Annunciation. We did well, but I think we lost. I say "think" because it is 5 runs or 3 outs. An out can also be 6 pitches not hit. For some reason, it took a bit to get us hitting. We had some great hits though. Our last inning was not great, and we did not get the 5 runs. Oh well! The girls were pumped for the game. They had a lot of trouble with grounders in general. They will get about 75 grounders each at Thursday's practice!! I'm so mean! They knew where to go with each play (big plus) but needed to field the ball first. All in time....

Anna was my helper at practice on Thursday, and she did awesome. She wants to play so badly, but they did not have enough kids for a team. She is really going to be a good player. She is tough & aggressive (great combination in my opinion).

Jo got a new pair of shoes last week - her 1st walkers from Laurie's (Stride Rite). They are so small but she needs some real shoes - not Robeez any more. She goes everywhere now & is really walking well. Her birthday is Thursday!! I can't believe it. My little baby is going to be one year old. Not possible.....

Pete & I just keep going & going.... He is the walking man now. He has lost 20 pounds. I am so excited for him. He would probably work out more if time permitted. He is not a morning person, so he goes late at night. Unfortunately, there are times when he is too tired to go at night. He rarely misses though even when I know he would rather fall asleep on the couch. I need to get back into working out also. I have not done anything for 3 weeks!!

No comments: