Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Jo!

Wow - I am having flashbacks to May 8th, 2007. What a wonderful year it has been. I visited Jo at her daycare today & brought cupcakes (see pic below). Unfortunately, most of her friends are 1st time mommies & won't allow their babies to have chocolate yet. Jo had to eat a cupcake with me & her teachers. Her buddy Jordan was salivating - poor thing! I made homemade cupcakes & frosting compliments of "Down Home with the Neely's." I'm a Food Network junkie. Anna & I watched this episode & she said that the cupcakes looked delicious. I thought so too & they are! The chocolate frosting is the best - cream cheese & butter & chocolate & powdered sugar of course!
Anna made decorations for Jo's room - so sweet of her. They were long banners with many different colors. Plus she made a sign that said "Happy Birthday Jo!" Rosie wrote the sweetest letter to her as well. I will copy it as it must be kept forever. It brought tears to my eyes (but then what doesn't?) They fight like typical sisters but they can be so sweet also. I'm more worried about Anna & Rosie getting along than with Jo. I shouldn't worry because I know how much my sisters & I fought! We took this pic right before we ran out of the house for school & work! We are always pushing the minutes every morning & today was no exception.

Jo eating her birthday cupcake! She is trying to give me some - what a good girl - I love cupcakes!

We are heading to Bandana's BBQ with Paul & Joan tonight to celebrate the 1st Birthday. I can't wait - we have been waiting patiently for Thursday to get here. It has been raining like crazy (seems like it hasn't stopped for months), so softball practice was cancelled. Now we can leave earlier for dinner. I will post pics later tonight.

The "partiers" for Jo's 1st Birthday Dinner!

Jo eating a rib - yummy! Caught Rosie with her eyes half-closed but we never get everyone perfect - who cares! Anna, of course, is cheesing it up!


No comments: