Sunday, July 19, 2009

Unbelievable weather in St. Louis

I can't even remember the last time we opened the windows in July! It is like early spring here - it is so hard to believe. I was actually chilly last night when I went outside. Rosie was away this weekend with a friend at her lake house about 1 hour away. I was on a business trip Thu/Fri, so I didn't see her for 4 days, and I missed her! It is such a different dynamic when just one of the kids are gone for a day or more. She had a great time tubing, going to a county fair & just being with her good friend, Megan. Her parents are very good friends of ours, and their place is amazing. Rosie was so excited & had a great time (very tired too). Anna had a playdate with her friend, Hailey, on Friday & Saturday. They played all day on Saturday at our house, and they were so good. They did so much that I almost forgot they were here! Josephine just hung out with Pete & me which was great. We went on walks, read lots of books, worked on the yard & had a relaxing day (for once) on Sunday together.
For the next two weeks, my niece Stephanie, is babysitting Rose & Anna. They are so excited & have lots of things to do (swimming is definitely one of them). I hit the local fruit stand to stock up on snacks today, and Pete is going to the grocery store now for other necessities. I hope Stephanie is ready for some fun (& fighting - ha ha)! I'm going to leave my camera with her & see what funny pictures they take for the blog. Stephanie attends Mizzou & has told me she loves my blog to keep up-to-date on the family! Well, it is her turn to get some pics for the blog!

No comments: