Our first year pitching, and our team was good but did not always show up for the game! I was most proud of the pitching effort though. We worked on the windmill and was the only team who consistently pitched the windmill. Rosie will continue working on pitching, but Maddie & Anna were the ones who pitched every game. I have a SLU coach (compliments of Mike D at work) who plans on working with me next year. Our record was 2-9 with one rain-out that we never made up. We had so many close games, but the girls had fun & it showed. Unfortunately, CYC does not mean every parent is devoted to bringing their kids to practice. The 8 that always showed up really improved, but we had 16 kids on the roster. How do you play them all (and you really have to when it is CYC)? They didn't know the plays, and it showed. I have a different tactic for next year and who knows, maybe I'll investigate travel softball?
Our end of season softball party was at the Brentwood Swim Club (our new home away from home), and it was a blast. No pics because I plain forgot while trying to cook hot dogs, give out drinks and chat with parents. I should have told Pete, but he was looking out for Jo while I did the softball thing.
Anna had a great softball season! She is an awesome hitter and did so well in the field too. She was my asst coach at 3rd grade softball, so this child got lots of practice each week. At her games, I could hear the other parents say "Wow, she's good." I just laughed! Practice sure helps as we all know - any of the kids could hit this well & field if they practiced like her.
I miss softball already! I love it yet it stresses me out as coach. I really may look into coaching a travel team or at least helping one. More on that as I figure it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment