Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend in Chicago

We all needed to get away, and we did! I left the computer at home, and Pete booked a great rate at the Chicago Hilton & off we were to Chicago. We left Friday night, and we didn't make it to our room until midnight (the kids pretty much slept the whole way). Jo got a little stir crazy right before we hit the city, so I was in a very uncomfortable position while I kept my hand on her right arm (that was the only thing that kept her from screaming).

On Saturday,we went to Shedd Aquarium which we all agreed is an amazing place! The picture below is in front of the statue which Rosie & Anna thought was so cool. We couldn't use the flash inside but we saw everything: Kimodo Dragon, dolphin show, Beluga whales, sharks (Anna's favorite), turtles, seahorses, & much more. The dolphin show has the most amazing view of the lake - it is so incredible - I just wanted to sit there & look out the windows all day. We also had the best weekend to visit Chicago - sunny & warm & perfect. We did a lot of walking!!!

No comments: