Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend in Chicago

Pete & I spent this past weekend in Chicago for my work holiday party.  It was cold but FUN!  Late nights with too much drinking & food.  Needless to say, I was ready to come home by Sunday.  Pete & I had Saturday morning together & ate an awesome breakfast (Eggs Benedict, our favorite) at the Grand Lux Cafe.  It was a great view on top of being delicious!

The girls stayed at my sister's house (Aunt Mary, the great), and they were so excited to be with Caty & Adam all weekend.  Josephine was tuckered out on Sunday & slept for 4 hours after lunch.  I have to confess that I fell asleep for an hour in the afternoon as well.  I was just going to "rest my eyes" & then was out!  30 minutes can do so much - felt so much better after it. 

Good news from Rosie - they beat Holy Redeemer on Saturday who she quoted as "the team that is as good as us!"  Too funny!  Last year, they tied them both times (if my memory serves me well).  May have to check my blog from last year to confirm.  They won 10-9 - I did hear later that we are better at shooting while they are better ball handlers.  Always something to work on but we'll take the W!  It sounds like Pete & I missed a good game - such a bummer!!  We won't miss another one...

No comments: