Last night, we partied at the Jones' & had a great time! We were up WAY TOO LATE! Jo was a party animal (she slept for 4 hours that day & was ready to go!) She was the life of the party making a few new friends as well (I'm pretty sure she will be asking to have a play date with Emily). Rosie & Anna were able to play with their good friends, and Pete & I had a nice time hanging with our good friends.
I asked the girls this morning how I could be a better mother & I said "don't hold back." They said "you are a great mommy but..... you could be less crabby sometimes." So true! They gave me the idea to count to 20 before I holler at them. I did say that I will be crabby at times but I need to work on being less crabby, and they also agreed that they will work on fighting less with each other but know it won't happen all the time.
So, I have three personal resolutions:
1. Pray every day
2. Count to 20 before I holler at my kids
3. Kiss my husband more
Three funny resolutions (because I wonder if they will really happen):
1. Keep up on laundry (I now have separate laundry baskets for the kids & they will put their clothes away)
2. Keep up on my filing at home (organized our office this week & love it!)
3. Get my kids to do more chores (we did figure out a chore schedule so let's see if it works longer than one week)
Happy New Year to all our family & friends. God Bless You!
No comments:
Post a Comment