Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catholic Schools Week begins

Last week, every family was asked to make a picture of someone who shows God's love to others.  It could be a saint, a teacher, a relative, anyone...
We all agreed on Grandma Wilson!!!  My mom!!
Some of their reasons are the following:
- She attends Mass every day.
- She is so thoughtful. 
- Anna specifically remembered receiving 2 pieces of gum in the mail because Grandma did not want her to feel left out when Rosie received a special package from her.
-She said that Grandma never forgets anyone & she loves all her grandchildren so much!  I agree!

The outfit was also picked out by Anna because she remembers her wearing a nice shirt & a sweater!
I love it & I hope Grandma does too.

Today was Open House at St. Mary Magdalen, and we visited Rosie & Anna's classrooms.  Rosie has done many projects this year, but this is the latest one.  She ready a biography on Anne Frank & made a hanger about the book.  I did not know this fact, but Anne Frank collected postcards with her favorite actresses/actors at that time.  Rosie made a postcard & drew the pictures herself.  They also had to present their design on Friday to the whole class.  Good job Rosie!

Anna's classroom with her cross, letter & paper puppet proudly displayed.  Anna's class loves putting on plays, so I think we will be seeing a play on Groundhog Day very soon!

  Pete & I received letters from both Rosie & Anna on why they love St. MM.  Anna loves learning about Jesus every day, and Rosie thanked us for sacificing to send her to this school. 

I was asked to give tours of the school, and we had a BIG crowd today.  Our school looked great, and I am so proud & happy to have chosen it for our children!

No comments: