Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

My sisters and I met my mom at Go Spa today & treated her to a facial & then lunch. It went by too quickly, but it was great to get away for a bit & chat with each other. My mom is the best. She is helping Joanie by babysitting Elizabeth this year, so Joanie doesn't have to bring her baby to daycare. I know Joanie is so relieved, and my mom loves little babies. She could rock any baby to sleep, I think!

There are so many wonderful qualities of my mother that I'm not sure where to start. I witnessed & learned so many things from my mother that I am forever amazed at her ability to make mothering look so easy. My mom is so compassionate, patient, loving, giving, caring, smart, realistic, and just plain GREAT! Being a mother now, I am constantly thinking "what or how did Mom get us to do that or behave that way?" I think my parent's amazing relationship & her dedication as a mother is the reason. I love my mom, and I do cherish my time with her. I try to talk & see her as much as I can, but it is never enough. Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: