Monday, February 2, 2009

Catholic Schools Week

Last week was Catholic Schools Week. St. Mary Magdalen had an Open House on Sunday. We had a great turnout, so we hope enrollment continues going up. We are a pretty small school compared to some of the larger parishes around us. I wouldn't change our school though - what a community we have. The older kids are buddies for the younger kids, and my kids have never once been bullied or made fun of by older kids. We are one school which constantly comes together for fundraising (ALL THE TIME), sports & scholastics. I could go on & on, but I do love this school. We must continue to pray for a strong replacement for our pastor this year and continued financial support from our parish. I have many years ahead of me as Josephine is only 21 months old!! She loves going up to the school. She cries when I drop them off in the morning - she wants to go in with them so badly. Someday Jo someday before we know it....

Anna's poster for the Poster Contest during Catholic Schools Week. She made a HUGE rendition of the school - we have lots of windows as you can see. The K - 2nd grade could make a poster that completed this phrase: The Best Thing about my St. MM Friends is..... Anna said "They are nice. The 4 girls are cutout paper dolls that she colored. She did it all herself. She did not win, but I thought it was beautiful. She worked very hard on it for quite a few evenings - Anna is a perfectionist!

When I visited Rosie's class, each student wrote a note thanking their parents for sending them to St. Mary Magdalen. My picture cut off some of the words, but it was a touching & wonderful note for Pete & me to read. It made our day & told us again that it is worth every penny!

3rd Grade is studying clouds as you can see!

A couple of 3rd graders hanging out on Open House!

Anna in front of her snowman she made for me! Yes, that's my Starbuck's coffee! I was up early making pancakes for the Open House!!!

No comments: