Pete & I were so happy to host Thanksgiving for my family this year. It was great!!! 22 people eating & thanking God for our many many many blessings. My dad said it best, "These are the times to remember." Everyone brought a dish (or two), and we feasted & had a good time. We are so lucky to have such great families. I know I take my loving husband, daughters, parents, parents-in-law, supportive sisters & brothers, sister-in-laws & brother-in-laws, nieces, and nephews for granted, and I want them to know how much I love them & appreciate their support & help.
What I am thankful for (funny yet true):
- My husband for his snoring - it reminds me that I am lucky to have him right next to me every night!
- My daughter Rosie for her wanting to have straight hair even though she was "blessed" with my wavy curls!
- My daughter Anna for her wanting to be just like Rosie! I also am so happy for her big beautiful smile she can turn off & on in a second!
- My daughter Josephine for being the cutest, most adorable baby ever!
- My parents for being the best models to me in their love for each other & their family.
- My mom for making the turkey this year which was so delicious - she knows I am not the best cook in town - thank you for never making me feel inadequate as a cook!
- My sisters, Mary & Joanie, for putting up with me & my temperment. Thank you for always caring & helping me no matter what.
I hope all my friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving & may God continue to bless us all!
Jo chowing down on her turkey, peas & corn! She is such a good eater!
One of 4 tables full of people & food - Rosie was really getting into her food! I had nice cups for everyone but they ended up using their plastic ones - all my planning....
Another view of my living & dining room packed with tables!
No comments:
Post a Comment