Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Soccer update

Well, Anna finished her last game on Saturday. They had another great game & actually tied Our Lady of the Pillar. I'm so proud of Anna & how she played. She passed the ball & was always so happy for her friends to score. She is very driven & likes to win. She is going to be a great player as she continues to hone her skills.
Rosie's team is in building mode (as I keep reminding Coach Pete & Coach Gerry). They are so much better than last year, but they did lose 5-0 on Saturday. Pete & Gerry take every game to heart which is very commendable, but they need to focus on building a team. I personally think the girls are still focused on their own skills & how one of them will score. They need drills to enforce it is a team effort to get the ball down the field. I have to remind myself that I am not the coach, so I will just keep quiet for now. They will get there but it does not happen over night. Many of the kids on other teams (a few on our team) play year round & are on traveling teams. Our kids prefer to play a variety of sports (which is good), but it hurts as we may not be as strong in soccer.
Saturday is our last game, and I just hope for a goal for our team (we don't need to win just play well!) I WILL take pictures this week. Jo is so busy now & runs so fast that I have trouble getting pictures at Rosie's game. I am going to strap her into her stroller....

No comments: