Sunday, November 23, 2008

End of the soccer season

We lost in the 1st round tournament on Saturday morning. It was freezing outside, and our game began at 8am. The girls were pumped up & ready to go though. They played the BEST game against a good Sacred Heart team. To be honest, we should have won. We had more shots on goal and kept the ball in their end practically the whole game. The final score was 3-2 - we were even up for most of the game 2-1. The girls were very upset, and Coach Gerry was so supportive. He wanted to win as much as them. They played so darn hard - we were all so proud of them. I still can't believe what an exciting game we saw.
My camera was not working on Saturday, but I was so darn cold & had to hold Josephine (she was freezing even though I bundled her up!)
A few notes about Rosie & her playing. She was tough as nails out on the field. She even tried to head the ball once. She stopped so many balls & got through a bunch of girls - really made some good plays. She passed one ball perfectly to Sarah for one of those goals that should have been....
I will miss the games. It still cracks me up how intense a 3rd grade game can be. It is so different watching your children play. I just enjoy it so much & am so proud of her team.

The 3rd Grade St. Mary Magdalen Charger Team

(top left: Maddie, Megan, Rose, Cara, Rebecca, Anna, Emma, Sophie, Madeline
bottom left: Hayley, Grace, Sarah, Gabriella & Brigid)

Very weird & silly faces.....

No comments: