What a beautiful day for our Back to School Book Sale, BBQ & much more! The kids had so much fun - it was basically tons of fun for the kids but we were trying to raise money (something we are constantly doing)! We planned all kinds of activities:
- Gently Used Book Sale
- Dunking Booth
- BIG Bounce House
- Old Fire Truck which raised you way up (see pics below)
- Under 4 Play Area (hmmm, who wanted that?)
- Line Dancing
- Fun Games (3-legged race, water balloon toss, hot dog eating, bean on a spoon, musical chairs)
- Delicious BBQ
Some of the items sound silly, but the kids had a blast (all ages too!) Our school is just one big community, and the older kids are so great to the younger kids. Our 8th grade class is really awesome - I just love some of them - so nice, smart & caring. They are creative & don't mind being silly & are never "embarrassed" to be with a parent or a little kid. They are really good role models for the younger grades. I know Rosie really looks up to them.
I was exhausted as we were on our feet for almost 12 hours, and my feet are not used to it. It's always fun to set up but breaking down is no fun. It took everything for me to get the kids bathed & to bed & then take a shower before vegging in front of the TV for a bit last night. Did I mention that Pete went to the baseball game last night? I was proud of myself - I am only complaining to the blog! He has to work these crazy hours this weekend. He went to the game, got home early AM & went to work at 3am until 11am. Then he slept all day today & is leaving now at 10:30 to work all night. I couldn't do it.... This is the last night & then back to normal!
The old-fashioned fire truck which took people way up in the sky! There's Rosie (middle with blue t-shirt) & Jeff Jones, our good friend, & his daughter, Megan. I really had no idea it went that high!!
Rosie dunked Mrs. Grindel, her 2nd grade teacher, on her first throw!
Pete with Jo - she was dancing for a minute on the stage & then wouldn't do it for the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment