Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lauren's Wedding Shower

On Saturday, Stephanie, Mary, Joanie & I threw a fabulous wedding shower for Lauren.  It was outside by Mary's awesome pool, and everyone had a great time!  The invitations had a "time" theme with everyone receiving a specific hour & their present matched that time.  I had 7am, so she received a coffee maker + frother + to go coffee cups + coffee!  Our food was in line with the "time" theme.  We had breakfast, lunch & dinner.  Breakfast was small wontons with egg filling & fruit kabob & mimosa's, lunch was two types of salad (quinoi with veggies+ green salad) & long island iced tea, and dinner was pasta & breadstick and sangria.  Our dessert was a total hit too - yummy pastries from Russo's Gourmet Express and mudslides.  As you can see, each meal had a drink attached as well so we had a bit of a buzz by the end of the night.

Lauren got many great gifts, and we all enjoyed ourselves.  We are so excited for November 12th!!

I was busy being a hostess & serving, so I did not take too many pictures.  Sisters & aunts, please send me your pictures for the blog!  Lauren is opening some gifts - I think this was the breakfast time.... 
 Cute girls!
 Grandma & the youngest grandchild, Lizzie.
 More pretty girls!
Fun shower games - Rosie's dress fell down and Caty won the contest!  They were all very cute & fun dresses!

The other fun game was similar to the Newlywed Game - Debbie taped Jesse answering 20 questions & Lauren had to see if she answered them the same way.  Needless to say, she got 6 out of 20 correct.  It was fun, and Jesse had so many sweet things to say about Lauren.

Now, we need to find some wedding shoes for Rosie, Anna & Jo and a dress for me!

No comments: