Thursday, June 24, 2010

St. Mary Magdalen's 1st Annual 5K Run

The spring was a blur for me trying to work, softball practice with both Rosie & Anna and organizing the St. MM 1st Annual 5K Run.  I was pretty tired by the end of the school year, but it was worth it!  Work is always busy, and somehow I keep up with all the projects (barely!) 

Softball is going so well for Rosie's team - we are now 4-1 and have 5 more games to go.  We had so many rainouts again, and some of the teams are not too flexible when rescheduling the games.  We may only have 4 more games......  The team is just doing so well, and they love playing (& I love coaching). 

But back to the 5K Run - what a beautiful morning we had on May 22nd!  I'm not sure I slept the night before because I was so nervous about it running smoothly.  It did and we received so many compliments - we had plenty of water, volunteers, food & the route was tough yet good!  I am pumped for next year - I can't believe I just wrote that! 
Could I take a worse picture - who takes one right into the sun? Me.....
Jay LaMartina was the winner - Anne worked with me on the race (his wife) so we were so excited when we saw him turn the corner for the finish line.

Did I mention we also had a 1 Mile Fun Run & my 1st grade daughter came in 3rd overall???  She beat 4th grade boys & her 4th grade sister!!!  She is a speed demon.  The kids loved the race too & really enjoyed watching all the 5K runners come in.  All worth the effort & stress!!!

Next year, I'm going to have Pete be my camera man too!  One main thing I forgot - pictures!  How could I forget a crucial item & I am always with "camera in hand."

No comments: