Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Update on the kids

I just have to write this down, so I can read it one day & laugh out loud! Pete just picked up Josephine from daycare, and the teachers told him that Jo hauled off & hit her best friend, Bryce. They said their mouths dropped open & couldn't believe it. She is the littlest kid in the class but the toughest. We were laughing on the phone, and I know it's not funny, but she is so little but sometimes so mean. She is a tough cookie & does the same thing with her sisters when they are bugging her. She recently starting biting again - I know we need to tell her to "use her words." When she reaches her breaking point & has tried her words, she tends to use her fists or her teeth! Pete made her go over & say sorry & then she gave Bryce a big hug.

Yesterday, both girls came in first in their running race during gym class. Rosie beat all the girls in her class & said, "I really wanted to win." I typically don't hear that from her, but she said she felt like winning. I told her that I know how she feels - sometimes you just want to be first & there's nothing wrong with that attitude! Anna said she beat all the girls & boys in her class during the race. That girl will not let anyone beat her or she gets really mad.

I'm really working on my attitude at home too. If I'm stressed because of work, I can tell I get short with the kids & then the night is blown. Anna has my short fuse too, so it is important that I set a better example. That's been the main thing for Rosie too - set a good example for both Anna & Jo - it's a big responsibility but I know she is up for it.

I'll keep praying each week for additional patience. Father Stark, our visiting priest, always says the following. Pray for someone you love, pray for someone you find difficult to love, and then pray for something you need this week (patience, a moment of peace, good outcome to a difficult task ahead of you). I'm really starting to get to know our new priests & am enjoying their homilies. Change is good.

No comments: