Happy Easter! What a wonderful time of year. During Lent, my kids never ceased to amaze me. They "gave up" and "did positive things" during Lent that made me very proud. They gave up their Nintendo DS and did not cheat once, and I know it was hard for them at times. I never heard them complain even once. They worked on positive Lenten activities like giving away their dessert to a friend (Anna did that) or help a friend in need.
Rosie was most interested in the Triduum as each year she develops a new understanding of the magnitude of Jesus' love for us. We went to all the services as they discuss their meanings in class and of course, ask lots of questions for Pete & me. I love the Holy Thursday & Good Friday services as they really hold so much emotion. If I did not have Sunday Mass, I'm not sure I could make it through the week. I now understand why my mother has attended daily Mass for so many years. It is such a calming force for me. I know He calls me more & I must listen.
The kids & I also helped clean the church before Palm Sunday, and they were troopers because it was hard work. I love my children, and I thank Jesus for them every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment