Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Speedsters!

I have been very remiss in not writing about the best indoor soccer team EVER!  The Speedsters!

Just a few stats: 
  • The team record was 8 and 0, including 2 or 3 come from behind victories.
  • Speedsters scored 40 goals and allowed only 13.
  • Voted most colorful uniforms and best loyal fans (check out our cool socks!)
My dad (yes, Mr. Soccer Hall of Famer) was the head coach, and Joanie & I assisted.  We had two sets of cousins on the team (Anna & Alison plus Courtney & Megan).  I have yet to coach a team that played so hard, never complained, hustled & were so nice & sweet to each other.  It was so fun & exciting!!  Unfortunately, I had a "moment" during one game that Joanie will never let me live down.  I can't help when my competitiveness gets the best of me. 

Dad was so organized, thoughtful, skilled & amazing the whole time. I did hear some major competitiveness in his voice at most games.  He was awesome & we couldn't have done it without him.  I hope the girls keep this memory forever of their Grandpa coaching them.  So cool!
After the last game & an undefeated season!
Cute & competitive cousins!

No comments: