We kicked off the soccer season at St. Michael's tournament before school started, and it was HOT! Both teams did great, and it was a great way to get the girls back into soccer before the true season begins. Pete coaches Rosie's team, and we had a few new recruits this year. We've lost some girls to volleyball which is a bummer, but we hear that they were tired of all the running during soccer! Oh well! I would like Rosie to try volleyball in addition to soccer, but she seems focused on soccer during the fall. She said "maybe next year." She has enough going on with her school activities plus sports, so I'm not too upset about her decision!
Rosie's team only won 1 game out of 3 during the tournament, but they were pumped with their win! Rosie had a couple of goals & played great. She attended Incarnate Word's soccer camp with her cousin Caty in August & it paid off. She really looked confident out on the field.
Watching the play & getting into correct position! I did not take too many pictures during her games because Josephine insisted on kicking the ball with me. I didn't mind - I love training Jo early on the game!
No comments:
Post a Comment